viernes, 31 de mayo de 2013

UNIT N°3

UNIT N°3


3A like doing, would like to do
Use like + verb + ing to talk about things you  like / dislike now.
+
-
?
I/you/we/they like swimming.
He/she/it likes swimming.
I/you/we/they don’t like swimming.
He/she/it doesn’t like swimming.
Do  I/you/we/they like swimming?
Does he/she/it like swimming?

Short  answers

Yes, I/you/we/they do
Yes, he/she/it does.                                                                              
No, I/we/you/they don’t
No, he/she/it doesn’t

Use would like + infinitive to talk about things you want / don’t want to do in the future.
+
-
?
I/you/he/she/it/we/they’d like to play tennis
I/you/he/she/it/we/they wouldn’t like to play tennis
Would I/you/he/she/it/we/they like to play tennis?

Short answear

Yes, I/we/he can
Yes, he/she/it would
No, i/you/ we/they wouldn’t
No, he/she/it wouldn’t


3B Can, could (ability)
Use can  for ability in the present. Use could for ability in the past.
+
-
?
I/we/he can swim.
I/We/He could swim.
I/We/He can’t swim.
I/we/He could swim.
Can I/we/he swim?
Could I/ we/he swim?

Short answers

Yes, I/we/he can
Yes, I/we/he could swim.
No, I/we/he can’t
No, I/we/he/ couldn’t.

-          Use an infinitive without to after can/could
-          We use  be able to to talk about ability, e.g. I was able to swim when I was four. However, this is less common than can / could.



3C Could  (Possibility)
Use could to talk about and ppast ability and present possibility
Ability in the past
I could read when I was three
Possibility in the present
We could go to the cinema tonight.
We could play tennis.

3D going to (prediction)
Use  could to to prediction the future, based on things happened now.
+
-
?
I’m going to cry.
I’m not going to cry.
Am I going to cry?
You/we/they’re going to start work.
You /we/they aren’t going to start work.
You/we/they going to start work?
He/she/It’s going to fall
He/she/It isn’t going to fall.
Is he/she/it going to fall?


Short answers

Yes, I am
No, I’m not
Yes, you we/they are
No, you/we/they/aren’t
Yes, he/she/it is
No, he/she/it isb’t

VOCABULARY    3 A
What kind of sports do you like to practice?
I would like to practice  sky-diving and roller-skating.
On ice
On rock
On water
On snow
Under the water
From a place
Ice climbing
Skiing
Skating
Climbing
Ice climbing
Waterskating
Surfing
Windsurfing

Snowboarding
-Scuba diving
-scuba-diving
-diving
-skydiving
On the street
On skies
On a board
On waves
With the wind

-skating
Roller skating
Skydiving
Surfing
Snowboarding
Surfing
windsurfing


VOCABULARY 3 C
Extreme adjectives
Ancient
Filthy
Hideous
Astounded
Freezing
Boiling
Exhausted
Furious
Gorgeous
Spotless
Straving
Hilarious








Adjectives
Funny
Old
Hungry
Clean
Attractive
Hot
Tired
Cold
Dirty
Ugly
Angry
surprised




VOCABULARY  3 D
 Action
Adventure
Animation
Comedy
Crime
Disaster
Horror
Acting
Location
Plot
Costumers
Music
Historical drama
Musical
Romantic comedy
Science fiction
War
Sunt
Cartoon
Cookery programme
Documentary
News bulletin
Quiz  show
Reality TV show
Sitcom
Soap opera
Sport broadcast
Chat show
Weather forecast

CHAPTER lll
Martha gave to Mary  a present it was an skipping-rope these could make her more strong and healthy,  she thanked the first time to Martha about the present, she skipped and had more fun than ever, Mary skipped to the secret garden wall, the robin followed her then Mary remember that  she had the key in her pocket, she opened the door, the secret garden was very beautiful, he almost fotgot the lunch, and when she arrived back in her room, she was very hungry and twice as usually, and  Martha said to  Mary  that her uncle’


EXERCISES

Can, could
1. Bob , but he doesn't have a car. (drive)

2. When she was in school she  farther than anyone else. (jump)

3. I  Bill. (not / understand)

4. He  football well when he was a kid. (play)

5. I  this exercise yesterday. (not / do)

6. Ask Jim, he  you. (help)

7. Some years ago I  ten miles. (run)

8. He had hurt his leg, so he  very well. (not / walk)

9. I  her at her office at the moment. (not / contact)

10. I  Bob on the corner. (see)
 

Exercise on Future I Simple (going to)

Put the verbs into the correct form (future I). Use going to.
  1. It (rain) .
  2. They (eat)  stew.
  3. (wear)  blue shoes tonight.
  4. We (not / help)  you.
  5. Jack (not / walk)  home.
  6. (cook / you)  dinner?
  7. Sue (share / not)  her biscuits.
  8. (leave / they)  the house?
  9. (take part / she)  in the contest?
  10. (not / spend)  my holiday abroad this year.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario